LITTLE PROMISES NETWORK
A Ministry of Youth With A Mission
Friday, June 6, 2008
Look what the LORD has done...

' NOW TO HIM WHO IS ABLE TO DO IMMEASURABLY MORE THAN ALL WE ASK OR IMAGINE, ACCORDING TO HIS POWER THAT IS AT WORK WITHIN US, TO HIM BE GLORY IN THE CHURCH AND IN CHRIST JESUS THROUGHOUT ALL GENERATIONS, FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!! ' Eph 3:20-21

My heart is SOOOOO Overwhelmed as I have such great news to tell you about HOW GREAT IS MY GOD!! I know many of you know this to be true, but some of you are going to be shocked and have to say... There is a GOD who loves and cares and hears our prayers... if only we choose to BELIEVE!!

As, you have been reading my emails since earlier this year finding out the house is up for sale and crying out to GOD with me to see provision to stay here and finish the great work HE has begun. To not keep you in too much suspense I will state it now, that I am NOT moving in June or next year or the year after that... we are here to stay as long as GOD breathes life on this ministry!
God has taken up residence here on Patrick Street... TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!

I would like to tell you every single detail, because it really is something to tell.. but you would be reading for a mighty long time, so please call or email me later for the WHOLE story! I will summarize now without leaving out too much of the 'good stuff'.
I really have to say this story predates to January being invited to hear Loren Cunningham speak(founder of our mission...YWAM) at a local church. To be honest, that night I was like... well I have heard him speak hundreds of times, should I go or not... feeling lazy of course. I need to interrupt the story and say, please hear me when I say> take advantage of opportunities to be with the BODY OF CHRIST or to HEAR GUEST SPEAKERS because you don't know, when your divine appointment may be(wake up the spirit man that dwells within)! This was a divine appointment for the destiny of LITTLE PROMISES and the vision GOD gave me to 'Reach the nations... thru the eyes of a child'! I met a couple that night, which neither of us knew would be quite soo significant for the destiny of many children walking into 5469 Patrick St.

Ok, fast forward to finally having a follow-up meeting on May 7th in which the gentleman( who will remain nameless, mostly so our eyes will stay focused on the REAL ONE who provided and deserves ALL THE GLORY) came to see what I was doing with children of non-christian families... using a Biblical Curriculum! I had no expectation expect all along saying, 'GOD how will you provide?' I shared my story and he shared some of his and in the end... GOD was present and we prayed and he acknowledged GOD was stirring his heart. Here is my timeline.. I need to evacuate by June 30th if I can't buy it or find an interested party to help me do so. The meeting ended saying, he would love his wife to come and see and hear my story too.

Prior to our meeting I had pursued a mortgage broker, to see what I was eligible to borrow and much to my surprise I was qualified to borrow half a million(which still remains to be a mystery... based on my last 2yrs NOA being under 20,000), so thus needed to raise 250,000 to stay here. The personal cost to me burying myself for 40 yrs and commit to LOVING a few kids for 10 hrs a day 5 days a week for the next 40 yrs... was a sacrifice I had to really ponder and count the cost to say YES GOD, IT IS WORTH IT, I AM YOURS and will be spent for this my purpose and calling! To many of you who KNOW ME or heard me preach my sermon... 'GOD'S WILL>>> GOD'S BILL!!!' Though a bigger bill than I thought I would ever ask for, the principle is the same non the less!

Two and half weeks later, on a Friday night I am invited out for dinner with this couple . She walks through and at the restaurant many questions and sharing my journey, and the chinese food was great too! It was their date night even! He had proposed another option up the road, of another home he owns, which I thought great 'He gets it... they have caught the vision of it being multiplied', though it doesn't help the immediate need. Internally feeling content that no matter what happens, this is a great couple to know and see their hearts bent towards being a blessing! Driving home he asks , can we come in to pray, yes of course (by now it is 10:30pm)... they both prayed and affirm me in many ways. Hugged and said we'll be in touch soon!
I felt great, just thought WOW GOD you did something, still just hoping for some 'chunk of change' to see 'life' in the situation.
Not the next day, but 45 minutes later(11:45pm), they call and say, we talked and GOD spoke.... He said to buy the WHOLE HOUSE to keep you there! Ok, OVERWHELMED probably doesn't even describe it, but I cried like a baby and said, NO that isn't what I was asking, and he said that isn't what we were thinking either.... BUT GOD!!!! Nothing else to say... BUT GOD!!!!!

I WEEP EVEN WRITING IT NOW, it is as the scripture at the beginning of this email says... IMMEASURABLY MORE THAN WE CAN ASK OR IMAGINE... I tell you WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE (or you can) SERVE!!!

The funny thing is, the next day he calls me back and says, by the way .. is there anything I should know about this house(like leaks and faults). Purely obeyed first and then figured out the natural... Isn't this how we are to operate Church???
HIS KINGDOM has come on Patrick St as it is in Heaven!! and will continue to come everyday we let HIM in!!

Continuing to be... About my Father's Business, Pamela
P.S. Believe it or not this is the summary version without you missing the heart of GOD towards each and everyone of us!! I love you and thank you all SOOO very much for all your love and prayers towards me. You have a place to visit here! Oh, did I say the offer was accepted and sealed, as of Tuesday afternoon and I have been bragging to my preschool parents and neighbours about this GOD I love! New landlord with a heart after GOD!

That was the shortest 40 day FAST, I've ever been called!

I close with this........
Jeremiah 32:27 ' I am the LORD, the GOD of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?'
posted by Pamela @ 9:24 PM  
1 Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Meet the Director

Name: Pamela
Home: Vancouver, BC, Canada
About Me: I have been working in the field of Early Childhood Education(ECE) for 12 yrs. Received my degree at U of N in Kona, HI USA. I have set up preschools and/or trained teachers with our Biblical Curriculum in several countries. I love children and believe they can teach us so much about what is really important in life. They are the KEY to today and tomorrow. I was raised in Ontario, Canada as a country girl down on the farm, drove the tractors as soon as I could reach the pedal. I have 2 great parents and one brother, Scott. I presently reside in Burnaby, BC where the mountains are incredible and the Ocean is near. I love life and have seen the world as God has provided so amazingly.
See my complete profile
The Scoop

YWAM Canada

Links
Donate to Little Promises

YWAM Canada

Previous Post
Archives